Friday, July 6, 2007

Reflections

It's taken a couple of days to recover from the Fourth of July festivities. Fireworks in Fallbrook were pretty--not the most spectacular display ever, but just having our own fireworks here was sweet. We were home in a few minutes when they ended, instead of waiting in traffic for an hour, like we would have had we gone to the beach or any other display in one of North County's bigger cities. Working the cops shift for the Times yesterday, I also found out there were three stabbings at the July 4 celebration in Oceanside by the pier. I'm pretty sure there were no stabbings and no gang fights at the event in Fallbrook.

Before watching the sky pop red and yellow over the Grand Tradition, my family and Dori's dad and brother got together for lunch and swimming.

Note on the picture below: I love the "NO DIVING" sign. "CAUTION. WARNING! RULES." To a kid, it all means NO HAVING FUN! And then the one in the upper right explaining how to perform CPR. If I pulled a drowning person out of the pool, the first thing I would do is mosey on over to that sign and read up on artificial respiration.

No comments:

Custom Web Applications