Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Day 2 of camp 1

I don't have much time to write, ever, between walking Bill and Tom to the cafeteria or, say, touring the Great Wall.

That's right. Today we visited the Great Wall, hiked on it, and took many, many pictures of it. Bill and Tom are the orphans that have been assigned to me for the week. They are quiet and shy, but they're coming out of their shells more every day. Right now it's about 10:30 p.m., and I am exhausted. But I want to share a few photographs of our day. I hope this weekend I will have more time for a lengthy update.


Thank you all for the e-mails and the comments you have left at this blog. I read them and appreciate them. Home is so far away. But we love what we are doing here, and what God is doing through us.


Above are my two boys--Tom on the left, and Bill--and my translator, Elva. Her Chinese name is pronounced "Eileen," and she is much more organized and responsible than I am.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm totally jealous of you. But it sounds and looks like you are all having a great time! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Custom Web Applications