Friday, July 13, 2007

Illness and tons and tons of driving

Between driving to and from Escondido almost every day this week and the cold I had to fight off, I did not have much time for blogging. Sorry. But I thought I would post at least a little something before Dori and I leave for a weekend backpacking trip with Kenny and Paige near Three Rivers.

My first week working out of the Escondido office has been interesting. I like the people I sit next to and the environment--a busy newsroom with dozens of reporters and editors all making phone calls and working on stories--but I absolutely hate the driving. Half an hour each way, and that's just the time. What the extra driving will do to my gas bill remains to be seen, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

While it is a bit frustrating to be moved around like a pawn by my employer, I am thankful for my job. I get to pursue my curiosity, be in the middle of things and write. That's most important, writing. All the driving I will be doing is worth it if I just keep getting paid to write.

Well, I must embark for the journey home now. I want to be home before the next full moon, so I must move quickly. Farewell.

No comments:

Custom Web Applications