Sunday, July 1, 2007

Little white lies

I'm not sure how to frame this one, so I'll just put it out there: A new study has supposedly revealed that people begin lying at the ripe old age of 6 months. Read it for yourself here.

I personally do not have a hard time believing this. I think you mothers will also relate to what is reported in the article about fake crying, when a child feigns distress to get attention, pauses to see if their adults are listening, then continues bawling.

Boy, to think I started lying before I even started walking...

On another level, it is a sad tribute to how thoroughly the human race was tainted through one man's sin. The sinful nature does not creep up from behind us at some predetermined age; it is there all along. Learning how to use it is what takes a while, but we all eventually learn.

On this Sunday morning, I am thankful for the power of Christ--not only to save us from our sin and seal us for heaven, but also to set us free from the grip our sinful nature.

No comments:

Custom Web Applications