Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New toy

In July, we were cleaning out my grandpa's house in La Mirada when I found a beat-up old guitar case in a closet. My heart started racing, and I took it in the living room and opened it up. Two months and $350 later, here is the new 12-string Takamine I have added to my lineup of instruments...

I had it cleaned up at Buffalo Brothers (great guitar store in Carlsbad--if you can make it there before they close at 6 p.m.), and had them install the same pickup that I have in my six-string Larivee. I have yet to plug it in and hear how it sounds amplified, but organic, it sounds great. Very rich and loud, with a hint of the signature tin sound that 12-string guitars have from all the high-pitched steel strings.

I hope to learn how to tastefully integrate this guitar into my music leading at church and Bible study. Any tips on playing 12-strings would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I hope to hear it someday :)

Anonymous said...

I hear extra fingers help when playing a 12 string.

Good luck with that.

Custom Web Applications