Monday, October 1, 2007

Long weekend

I spent Friday night and Saturday morning at a writer's conference in Rancho Bernardo, where I met two literary agents and an acquisitions editor for a publisher in Ventura. I also met Lynn Vincent, features editor for WORLD Magazine, who gave me some good tips on reporting and writing. I had never been to a writer's conference before, and I honestly wasn't expecting much. But the experience turned out to be great, both for learning how agents and publishers think, and for picking up some tips and inspiration. I will post updates on what happens with the three book proposals that I will be sending out to follow up on the conference.

Then, Saturday night, I had the privilege of shooting a 60th anniversary party in Vista. I will try to post some pictures from this weekend in the next few days.

No comments:

Custom Web Applications