Thursday, August 14, 2008

What I've been calling 'home'

Here are a few images of the curious campus known as "Sias International University" an hour outside Zhengzhou. It's where I've been for nearly two weeks, and where I'll leave from when I head to Beijing next Wednesday. It's also the site of Bring Me Hope's primary camp location, where there is one day of camp left before the 2008 season is officially over. I'll have more later on what I'm doing for the last week of my trip, but for now, here's where I've been staying.

This place is huge, and it has a lot of huge buildings. I don't know how else to explain it. There is also a ton of construction going on right now, apparently because the place isn't huge enough already. There's a lot of scaffolding that looks something like this:

And here is my home away from Starbucks. It's a restaurant directly below the fourth-story room where I'm staying with David Bolt and a bunch of other guys. It serves decent coffee, although ordering the correct type is not as easy as you'd think (apparently even the point-and-nod method does not work out here...).

Lastly, I'll leave you with a few photos from camp. This is the same water slide as last year, in case any of my long-term readers were wondering...




3 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks...it's great to see the photos! Hope you're doing well. Thinking for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laughs. So happy your American sense of humor is still in tact. Still pr---ng continually. May He be a very real presence as you join others in shedding His light throughout Asia.
Love, Mom
P.S. Thanks for sharing Dori with us these last couple of weeks. It's delightful to see her again.

Anonymous said...

Hey babe,
Nice post. Those are some sweet shots of those buildings. I wouldn't mind seeing a shot or two of your face... ;) I love you <3 and miss you :( and hope you are staying well. xox Call me when you can!

Custom Web Applications