Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Flying is... fun?

Two articles I recently found illustrate what a joy modern air travel is, from packing two weeks' worth of contact solution and shampoo into three-ounce bottles to sitting on the tarmac for five hours.

The first is about the fiasco that happened the day we came back from China, forcing everyone on our flight to sit in our seats for five hours because of a faulty network card in one computer in U.S. Customs. At least, that's what this article says. The ordeal pushed our arrival back from 6 p.m. until after midnight, and caused my parents' parking bill to run up to $27. It was the single worst experience I have ever had while traveling via airplane. Good ol' government technology.

The second article made me shudder a little bit inside. A China Air flight burst into flames on a runway in Japan after landing. No one was hurt, according to the article, but it was China Air, so, yeah...

I love flying.

No comments:

Custom Web Applications