Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Day 3 of week 2

Today is the first true sunny day since we arrived. It rained yesterday, on my birthday (see below post), but today has been beautiful so far--reminiscent of San Diego weather, actually. So we have all been enjoying it. When the sun is not shining, it's still about the same temperature, but so humid that you don't want to move. Actually, Dori rewashed some of my laundry today, and it dried in less than an hour hanging outside. It had taken three days to dry previously, with complications, so let's just say I should not be doing laundry.

The water park is a big hit again this week. The inflatable water slide attracts boys like a magnet, and there were only a few heel-to-face collisions today. The pool is equally popular, although I tossed in a translator this morning who could not swim, did not know she could just stand up to keep from drowning, and commenced the drowning sequence--arms flailing, etc.--in four feet of water. I felt terrible.

It is interesting how the end of the week is in sight almost as soon as each one-week camp begins. It is already mid-Wednesday as I am writing this, and tomorrow will be our last full day with the orphans; they leave Friday afternoon. My two are an interesting pair, one 18 with disabilities and one 13 with serious willpower issues, but I love them.

I hope to complete one more post with photos before we fly home on Saturday. Thanks for reading, for your prayers and support while we have been here, and for taking an interest along with us in these orphans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tom, for your words and pictures. They gift us with a part of the China-Bring-Me-Hope experience, too.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Theres no way to show someone Gods love like trying to drown them. Thanks for all the updates, as you have been gone. We are praying for you and your safe return. We miss you dearly.

Justin and Erin

Annie said...

I've really enjoyed reading your experiences. I can't wait to hear Dori's take on things.

Custom Web Applications