Monday, October 13, 2008

Here we go again

Fire season. Santa Ana winds. Southwest Fallbrook and northeast Oceanside are threatened tonight by the advance of a wildfire that began on Camp Pendleton Monday afternoon. Dori and I drove out tonight around 10:45 p.m. Traffic was blocked off at Sleeping Indian Road, which I think is to guard the houses of evacuees from potential looters. These shots were taken from the northeast.

They're saying on the news that it'll get worse tonight, and maybe spread a little more tomorrow, but that conditions will be easing by Wednesday. We know at least two families whose homes are threatened.

What's more, I grew up watching this indian sleep, but I've never seen him on fire. R.I.P. Sleeping Indian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary, huh?
Mom

Custom Web Applications