Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ills, automotive and physical

It starts on Jan. 19, when my neighbor backed into my car and thrashed the hood. Before I could take the car to the repair shop, I came down with a really bad cold and took three days off from work.

Two Tuesdays ago, I get my car back from the auto shop and I'm like, Sweet! It looked great, new hood and all. Then on the one-week anniversary of that happy occasion, on the one-week birthday of my new hood, a young guy pulls out in front of me in Escondido and I've got this:

And this:

And this:

This is what the whole thing looks like from the front. For once in my life, it looks better than it is. The bumper is actually trying to fall off every time I turn around...

Add to all of that the fact that Dori is now sick with the flu, and you've got a glimpse into our last month or so.

However, I must say, I am thankful that I have a car. And when I was sick, I was thankful that most of the time I have good health. Perspective, I have learned, is a true blessing necessary to perseverance and faith alike.

Nothing like an ill spouse and a wrecked car to remind one...

...things could be worse, and they're not. Praise God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perspective is everything.....but having your car hit twice and being sick are still not fun. I think the flu thing is going around. This is the 2nd time I've had it this month. Oh and I love the shot of Dori's foot!

Custom Web Applications