Thursday, September 13, 2007

'Ghost blogs': breaking the silence

So, apparently, it's been more than two weeks since I posted here... and it was about gun control. Really, I'm not that into guns. It just happened to be where I ran out of steam.

I have seen several blogs previously updated by friends of mine that have fallen silent, sometimes for as long as two years. The sites are still out there, drifting on the Internet, but the last writing on them was done in 2005 or 2006. It feels kind of eerie to read them; they feel like ghost towns -- ghost blogs, really.

I do not want mine to become a ghost blog, so I am asking that anyone who feels so led would post a comment suggesting topics that I could discuss in this space.

I will post more pictures soon, more links, more thoughts on my own interests, but it would help me to know what anyone who reads this blog would like to read more of. Thank you for your kind assistance in breaking the silence.

4 comments:

Annie said...

It's great to hear from you again. A couple of ideas:
1. You could write more about your adorable nephews, of course (preferably with pictures since they are so cute! says proud mama) ;)
2. How about writing about nature with nature photos
3. Or what God is doing around the world (or in your life)
4. Or reviewing movies/music/TV

I'll think and see if I can come up with more. I really enjoy reading what you write.

Annie said...

You could post some of your poems. I really enjoy reading them :-)

Anonymous said...

What are some of the Standing Stones, as Ray Van Der Laan called them, in your life--places and/or events where God's hand has touched you? What is their significance to you and to others? Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Custom Web Applications